The Tesla founder paid $44 billion last month to take over the social media platform with the help of investors and loans from Wall Street banks, and it’s now been revealed the ‘I’ll Be Missing You’ hitmaker was one of those who put money into the bid.
Sources told TMZ that Diddy invested over $10 million into Elon’s bid because he believed in the businessman’s vision for the app.
The insider explained that the 53-year-old rap mogul makes investment decisions according to getting a “seat at the table to represent.”
Other investors are rumored to include Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey and Saudi Arabia’s Prince Alwaleed bin Talal.
Meanwhile, staff at Twitter have been asked to work from home on Friday (04.11.22) while they wait to find out if they are keeping their jobs, with rumors suggesting up to half of the 8,000-strong workforce could be dismissed.
An internal email sent to staff explained cuts are being made in “an effort to place Twitter on a healthy path.”
The note added: “We will go through the difficult process of reducing our global workforce on Friday.
“We recognize this will impact several individuals who have contributed to Twitter, but this action is, unfortunately, necessary to ensure the company’s success moving forward.”
Office access has been limited “to help ensure the safety of each employee as well as Twitter systems and customer data” before an email is sent out by 0900 Pacific Time.
Twitter said: “Given the nature of our distributed workforce and our desire to inform impacted individuals as quickly as possible, communications for this process will take place via email.”