Trump Lawyer Lin Wood Permanently Banned From Twitter After Claiming Capital Coup Was Staged

0
110

Lin Wood, an attorney and QAnon supporter closely tied to Trump who recently thrust himself into the spotlight by pushing wild conspiracy theories about the election and filing lawsuits on the president’s behalf, was permanently suspended by Twitter on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, after suggesting the mob takeover of the Capitol was staged.

Wood’s account returned an “account suspended” message and Twitter confirmed the ban in an email to Forbes on Thursday.

Twitter did not comment on what prompted the suspension, but an archive of Wood’s tweets on Wednesday shows the attorney falsely suggesting the coup was “staged” by Antifa.

He also had continued a deranged attack on Vice President Mike Pence—accusing him of being a traitor and communist, among other things.

Last week, Wood had also called for Supreme Court Justice John Roberts, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Pence to be arrested for treason, and Pence to “face execution by firing squad.”

The attorney pushed increasingly unhinged conspiracy theories after the election, including alleging Chief Justice John Roberts was somehow connected with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein in a bizarre tirade of tweets.

Wood’s Twitter bio included the acronym for a popular QAnon slogan, “Where we go one we go all.”

After he was banned by Twitter, Wood took to Parler to again call for Pence to be executed by firing squad. “Get the firing squad ready,” Wood wrote in a post on Parler. “Pence goes FIRST.”

Trump has ties to Wood: he met with the attorney in the Oval Office last year and Wood told the New York Times last month he and the president had conversed about “fraud and illegality” in the election more than once. The president recently praised the attorney for doing a “good job” in Georgia as he tries to overturn the election.

Wood first gained notoriety after representing Richard Jewell, a security guard falsely accused of planting the bomb in Centennial Olympic Park during the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia. He subsequently represented multiple high-profile people in defamation suits. In 2011, he represented former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain in a sexual misconduct lawsuit.

Wood said “I am now posting on Twitter @FightBackLaw until [Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey] the Commie lifts my suspension tomorrow,” Wood wrote in a post on Parler early Thursday morning. The account @FightBackLaw also returned an “account suspended” message on Twitter Wednesday. There’s no indication Twitter intends to lift Wood’s suspension. The platform told Forbes the ban was permanent.

The president was temporarily suspended by the platform on Wednesday and two of Trump’s tweets were removed by the platform.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here